Sunday, we went to our new ward. I was very nervous. I've always got nervous and jittery when i moved into a new school when I was little, but never really about church. I guess now that I don't go to school anymore I had to freak out about something. And it didn't help that Greg kept falling asleep in our very small ward. It was very noticeable that he was sleeping because his head would keep jerking. And I feel really bad because I kept taking my stress and frustration out on him. (Sorry Greg). It's a very split ward, there's either very old people or very young married couples. I think I could count all the teenagers and pre-teens on one hand. And that made me miss my girl-friends in Fairport (Cowgirl Pearl...). So I survived that but all the stress from the day made it hard for me to sleep that night and boy did that cause problems the next day.So I decided I really needed more milk to have with my cookies this week, so I asked Greg if we could go shopping for some. What a hassle! I was very tired because I couldn't sleep, so I was cranky and woke late in the afternoon. Then we had to get our bikes ready (2 hours) to travel 1 mile down the road in the cold to Wal-Mart. Then on the way my bike broke down so we had to turn around and walk our bikes back then we WALKED in the freezing cold(1 hour). Then we got a much needed bike trailer, to carry stuff around on our only means of transportation, and a very wanted pancake griddle (Greg and I have been craving pancakes with strawberries every morning for the past week). Then we set up the trailer at a near-by gas station so we wouldn't have to carry it all the way home. And my stress level was through the roof with all the problems that we've encountered today.But we survived the assembly of the trailer and made it home in one piece. But once again we were tired and wanted to quit the day. But we still didn't get the milk. So we temporarily fixed my bike through all the frustration we both were going through. Made it to Aldi's and back with out a hitch. And we were so exhausted by then we sat down to a well deserved movie and 1/2 gallon of chocolate milk. Even though there was a lot of anger and emotions aimed at each other, Greg and I were able to bear hug it, and laugh it off. He really is an amazing husband.
2 comments:
Umm I hvae a griddle if you want it. Never been used and still in the box. The trick is that you CAN"T tell Gramma J
On the look out for a TV
LOve You and come for Easter Dinner
have
Post a Comment